As you read yesterday, I was nominated for some awards during my blogtember challenge. So I’m playing catch up with all my posts! Lauren over at Love Is The Point nominated me for the sunshine award, and I’m answering her questions today!
For the sunshine award, I have to list 11 random facts about me, then answer Lauren’s 11 questions, then I have to come up with 11 more questions for the 5 bloggers that I nominate.
- I. love. Sushi. I could probably eat it for every meal.
- I climbed up a 50 foot telephone pole, stood at the top, then jumped off and tried to catch a trapeze that was 7 feet out and 7 feet up. I missed. Did I mention I was belayed in?
- I usually always have a bottle of Pinot Grigio in my fridge.
- My favorite snack is Cheddar Chex Mix
- I’m the least crafty person I’ve ever met.
- I like making magnets out of my instagram pictures (www.stickygram.com)
- I think Miller Lite tastes like blood.
- I am the only person in my fantasy football league that is undefeated (4-0). knock on wood.
- I hate birds. Like hate to the point of almost fear. stay away from me.
- The way to my heart is definitely through my stomach.
- I’ve been to 21/50 states. I have a long way to go.
1. Did you keep your original middle name when you married, or did you take your maiden name as your middle? If you’re not married, which do you plan to do when you get married? If you plan on never marrying, which option would you say is the more popular among women you know? (This question is a little bit for my own purposes. Hubmoney and I debate this topic often, like practically on the daily.)
- I’m not married. But I really like my middle name. So I will probably just drop my last name altogether. But I like my last name too… Gosh, its a good thing I’m nowhere close to getting married!
- P.S. My middle name is Rae.
2. How do you feel about going to the movies? Love it or leave it?
- Love it, love it, love it. I like it so much, I’ll go by myself.
3. Who’s your absolute favorite person to follow on Twitter? Bonus points for a link to their profile. If you don’t have one, tell us about your favorite blog or website. Something that you look forward to reading, online, everyday.
- There are so many!
- @kellyoxford, @joshgroban (yes, he is HILARIOUS), @indemaio (writes little poetry tweets), @amandabynes, @funrossgeller, @jenna_marbles
4. What’s your sign? (Of the zodiac variety.)
- Virgo, ayo!
5. N*Sync or BSB? You may also choose 98 Degrees, because they were my favorite and I had their Christmas album.
- I think I really liked all three. I know I had a 98 degrees poster, if that helps clarify anything. But, as an adult, I like all of them.
6. Favorite food? Are you a connoisseur or just an average fan? Please list any ways that your love for this food goes above & beyond the call of duty.
- Guys, seriously. My love for Chipotle has reached outrageous heights. I’m way more than an average fan. I think we need an intervention. (There are currently three chipotle chip bags on my coffee table.) And now I want it again.
7. What is your favorite thing that you ever got for Christmas? What is your favorite thing that you ever gave someone else for Christmas? Yes, I know it’s two questions. You may answer either, or both. Just roll with it.
- I think the most creative Christmas gift my parents ever gave my sister and I were the cell phones we got in grade school. They turned them on in the boxes and when we had them in our hands, they started ringing. Then there was the time I asked for a dog for Christmas and they gave me a stuffed dog that I named Benji.
- And the favorite gift I ever gave wasn’t necessarily a gift from me… But in 2006, we surprised the twins with our dog Bella… We told them we were going to cut down our Christmas tree, and drove an hour to pick her up. Jen and I were in on the surprise, so that counts, right?
- Or there was the year that my boyfriend and I got each other the same. exact. thing. I kid you not.
8. What was the title of your very first blog post?
9. Righty or lefty? Any exceptions to the rule? (Any ways that you used the non-dominant side?)
- I’m a righty. But when I broke my arm in 2004, I was in a sling for 4 months, so I had to feed myself with my left hand (thankfully over the summer so I never had to learn to write). Weirdly, I put my contacts in with the respective hand (left with left, right with right). Same with shaving my legs.
10. Favorite color? Since when? Kudos to those of you who are loyal, lifelong color lovers.
- Orange has been my favorite color since I can remember. There was a brief period of time where lime green took over. But orange is back to stay.
11. When’s the last time you did a good deed, and what was it? In case you don’t read my blog – even the tiniest deeds count.
- I let someone cut in front of me in Panera yesterday. She didnt realize I was in line, but she had two small children with her, so I just let her go. That was nice of me, right?
And my questions:
- What was the last concert you went to? Favorite concert?
- What is your favorite place in the United States that you have been to?
- What is your all-time favorite book? movie?
- Share a picture of yourself when you were little. If you don’t have one, share a recent picture! Or share both.
- How much time (on average) do you spend on the internet each day?
- What is your favorite “genre” of food? Mexican, Italian, etc.
- What has been your favorite birthday? What did you do that made it so special?
- What is your favorite song RIGHT NOW?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What’s your favorite post you’ve ever written?
And the nominations are:
- Kerri (Kat) from Cheshire Kat
- Angela from Read Sugar
- Tara from Love From Tara
- Leah from Leah Would
- The Style Dunce
- And YOU! Answer the questions in the comments below!