It’s been a while since I’ve posted a recipe up in here. Well, it’s been a while since I’ve posted ANYTHING up in here… I’ve been busy. and sick. Forgive me?
But today I’m making the comfort food of all comfort foods…. CROCKPOT MACARONI AND CHEESE. Does anything sound more delicious than that?
The answer is no. Moving on.
Of course I found this recipe on pinterest. Mixed it up a little bit to make it my own. Here is the original link.
1 1/2 cups milk
- One 12 oz can evaporated milk (I used skim, evaporated milk keeps the egg and milk from curdling)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups (12 oz) shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend, recipe calls for Italian fontina cheese)
1/2 pound elbow macaroni partially cooked and drained (this means cook them for about five minutes until tender but not completely cooked)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of garlic powder to taste (optional)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs (optional)
- First, spray the inside of your crockpot with some cooking spray or olive oil.
- Add in the evaporated milk, regular milk, eggs, salt, black pepper, and butter. Mix until combined. You could mix it in another bowl and pour it in… But I didn’t want to have to wash another bowl. Lazy.
- Next, add in all the cheese (except the parmesan) and partially cooked noodles. Stir gently until the noodles are coated.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to LOW and cook for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until the custard is set in the center and the pasta is tender.
- You can leave it in the crockpot on WARM for 30 minutes while waiting to serve.
- Sautee the breadcrumbs in a pan with a little olive oil and add to the top when serving.
And VIOLA, You’ve got yourself a delicious little lunch. or dinner. or snack. Hey, I’m not here to judge.
Happy Friday! :)