August started out with good enough intentions to really get back into blogging … But then of course, I got busy and lazy, and well, here I am. I still blogged more times than I did in May or June or July, so I feel good. August was a good month, and he’s why.
I started off the month in IRELAND! My new favorite country. Mostly just because I love Guinness. I ran the Dublin Rock-n-Roll half marathon (race recap HERE).
And then I QUICKLY jetted off to Poland (read my Poland favorites HERE). Poland was great, but I was SO ready to get out of there and head to London to visit my Uncle!! We did a mini-pub crawl around his neighborhood and stayed out until almost 3am (which is super late for Grandma Jess). I can’t wait to go back to London because my Uncle knows the coolest places to take visitors. We spent all day Saturday walking around little markets and playing yard games at a pub near his flat. I tried Pad Thai for the first time, and I must admit, it was quite tastey!
Mother Nature and her friend Erika foiled my plans to spend the last weekend of the month in the Dominican Republic. So I booked a last minute flight and went down to New Orleans to visit my sister for her birthday! She took me to all her favorite food places and I got to lay around with her pup!
We had beignets at Morning Call –
Happy hour at Rum House … We also had some delicious tacos that were consumed before I could snap a picture –
Donuts at District Donuts – I had Lemon Blueberry, and Jen had cookies and cream
And last but not least, cuddles with Hannie –
Other August fun facts:
– Finished 1 book. BAD JESS. I have a long way to go if I want to finish 25 books this year (I’ve read 11 books, so 14 left!). EXCEPT, I’m currently working through 4 different books, so I predict September will be a big month! The book I read is called “Love Does” by Bob Goff… Honestly, probably the best book I’ve read all year. I laughed, I cried, I learned. It was the best book for my single soul.
– Visited 3 different countries (4 if you count the US) and 1 new city! It was a big travel month, so many passport stamps!
– Football season is back, and I’m the most happy.
HOW IS IT SEPTEMBER ALREADY?!?! Ever since graduating from college, this time of year always makes me a little sad. I miss buying back to school supplies and having easy classes with little homework. Basically, I miss college.
– BIRTHDAY MONTH! Holy shit, I turn 26 this month.
– Lose 5 pounds. Every month. Same old same old.
– Read 4 books. I have a 10-day vacation and that should be plenty of time to get caught up in my reading challenge.
– Run every day. I’ve got two half marathons coming up in the next three months, so I gotta get moving. Literally.
– Get my second bedroom put together. This might fall off until October, but I definitely want it done before the Holidays so my sister can stay with me when she comes home.