Looking back, July didn’t seem all that busy … But I feel like I was constantly on the move! With the all-star game in town and various other activities with my friends, I feel like every day had some sort of activity planned. One thing I sucked with this month was taking pictures! Looking through my camera roll on my phone, I think there are less than 20 from the whole month … Shame on me.
The month started with a really low-key fourth of July weekend. I spent the day at the pool with my mom, then we did what all Americans should do on Independence Day … We went out for Mexican food. ;)
I did the color run with two of my three sisters and we had a lot of fun! We might have overdid it a bit though, because we were the most colored as we walked out of the finish line party.
My housewarming party was towards the end of the month, and I was so happy to show off my new place to my friends and family! The day I had it was not only brutally hot, but also rainy at times. But people came and went enough that it never felt too crowded inside my place, but I was hoping for a nice day so we could be outside!! My parents helped me out a bunch with food and beer, and I had so much fun the entire day! :)
The last weekend in July, I set off to Ireland for work! I got to explore Dublin, go on a musical pub crawl with my coworker, and have a calm week in the Irish Country-side. All-in-all it was a great week, and I cannot wait to go back (mostly because I’m in love with Guinness and I need more.) The weather in Ireland in the summer is so different than in Ohio … It felt like fall and had me craving pumpkin spice lattes, ugg boots, and scarves. #BASIC
Other July Fun Facts:
– Enjoyed my first Brazilian Steakhouse experience. Food Coma doesn’t even begin to describe.
– Finished 3 books! The Storied Life of AJ Fikry (really boring- I do not recommend), Reconstructing Amelia (enjoyed for the most part), and The Girl On The Train (i recommend if you liked Gone Girl).
– Completed the first 4 weeks of BBG … Hardest workout program ever. But I’m seeing and feeling results, so it’s working!
– Run the Rock-n-Roll Dublin half marathon on 8/2!
– In the 3 weeks I’m home this month, I want to cook at home at least 4 nights a week.
– Limit alcohol intake during the week … I think I drank too much when I was in Ireland.
– Read 3 books. I’m currently reading “Love Does” by Bob Goff and I picked up a few new ones at a bookstore in Ireland.
August is going to be a busy one! I start off in Ireland, then head to Poland for work and England to visit my uncle. Then at the end of the month, I head off to the Dominican Republic for a long weekend! BRING IT ON!!! :)